Probably, there was already a sanctuary on this place in the 12th or the 13th century.
In 1632, Godfried of Berghes had this reconstruicted into the current chapel. The result was a renaissance gable, and a rectangular nave ending on a choir with a triangle end.
The altar dates from 1672, and carries the Princes of Berghes' scutcheon.
The oak wood miracle statue (restaurated in 1876) of Our Lay went on own force to Genezzano in Italy on April 26th, 1467. And there were miracle recoveries:
- In Novembre 1629, the 17 year old Jérôme Meurée recovered from his invalidity
- A century later, 2 blind people recovered their view...