This neogothic churcht was built between 1930 and 1932 according to Jozef Deré's plans on the initiative of Jozef Houbrechts (born sept 12th 1875 in Heks, pastor in As from 1919 till 1947 and passed away in 1950 in Heks).
On the outside many lancet windows are one of the most remarkable elements, along with the sandstone clothing of the gables.
In the interior, the altar, de pulpit and confessional were drawn by the architect Jozef Deré, and made in French stone with mosaic (it is unknown who really made them).
The pictures on the high altar represent scenes from Saint-Theresa from Lisieux' life.
The fresco 'The lost son' above the confessional was made by the painter Karel Theunissen (1871-1948), who was born in As.
Thanks to Ivo Swinnen for text and pictures!!