The city hall of Tielt is since 1875 housed in part of a convent, which was founded during the 13th century by the Sisters Alexianes.
The building has a New Renaissance gable. On the first floor it has a balcony a parapet with balusters.
On the first floor, there are Dorian colons, which on the second floor are followed by Ionic colons. The gable carries the scutcheon of the city of Tielt.