This simple, gothic church, mostly erected with Ledestone, is protected since 1936.
Its history is quite complicated. The oldest parts of the western tower date from the 14th century. The oldest parts of the choir date from 1432, and the transept from around 1450. In 1644 there were important reconstruction works, whereby the wooden vaults were replaced by cross ribvaulting and the side aisles were raised. the whole is covered with a large sadleback roof, that spans the three aisles.
The church contains a baptismal font from the 15th century. The choir screen dates from 1632 and is from the hand of Hendrik Cousijn. The organ could date from 1784 and was made by Pieter van Peteghem.
Among the paintings there is a beautiful copy of 'Worshipping of the wise' , a work of Rubens, and the 'Mourning for Christ' by Antoon van den Heuvel from 1638.