This neoclassicistic church was built according the esquisse of
Louis Joseph Montoyer round 1785-87 behind the yet built
pilarporcheof the royal place. Tilman Francois
Suys added in 1843-49 two sideaisles and replaced the first bellstower by the actual new
one. The beautiful fresco in the fronton was painted by
Jean Portaels in 1851. Egide Mélot added in 1861 tha de
bekronende apostelstatuesof the crowned apostles.
Inside the building whitnesses of an harmonic built interior. The main span is covered with
domed vaults and tunnel vaults in subtile
play of arcades and corinthic columns.
Half-reliefs and statues in the church are amongst others the work of
Godecharle, Laurent Delveaux and Joseph Anrion.
(with thanks to Jurgen Coysman)