This chapel finds itself isolated from the kernel of the town Matagne-la-Petite, on a small hill, surrounded by about 70 lime trees, in tthe middle of a quiet graveyard.
The origin of this chapel is romanesque, and there are traces from that history. At the backside, in the choir, there is still a window with rounded arch.
Till 1660, this chapel was the church of the town, with history till 1107. It is built in limestone.