The history of this windmill goes back to 1854.
27 january 1854 a certain Bernard Mestdagh, retired teacher of Oostkerke, received permission to build a stone windmill in Oostkerke for corn and oil.
p>We suppose that the inhabitants of Oostkerke did the plaster works. Anthonius De Backer from Moerkerke took care of the mechanical part. In 1886 restorationworks took place, but three years later it didn't work anymore and would never work again as for its original purposes. In 1889 it was again finished and in 1890 the wings were taken away.
A certain Louis Mengé lived in the millhouse, between 1910 and 1930 . The mill was named after him.
For more info look to Molenecho's.