The hiostory of this place (graveyard with chapel) goes back to the 7th century.
On this place, there was a miracle lime tree. Already between the 7th and the 10th century, this place was used as Christian graveyard.
In 852, a three naved church was built. It depended on the abbey of Stavelot. In 1282, it depended on the abbey of Leffe. In 1552, town and church were ruins. Between 1555 and 1856, the site was graveyard. The current Notre Dame de Grâces serves from 1856. On 21 august 1975, the last historical lime tree was hit down by lightning. A new tree was planted by the yought of the town.