This watermill already existed in 1300.
The current building though is much more recent: is was built in 1904. At that time, the wooden wheel was replace by an iron one.
The water comes from 2 small lakes. One is situated behind the mill, the other one is used for fishing in Overijse. .
The mill is used as shop. In march 2001, Ecopower cvba got the right to generate elctircity by the old mill. Since 28 juni 2003, it generates power with a new wheel.
For more info and old pictures, see Molenecho's.