In het transept of this church mostly in early gothic there are saved lots of norman rests from around 1150. The nave was rebuilt during the 14th century and the choir and the crossing tower followed during the 15th century.
There came an entrance made of bricks on the south side at the beginning of the 17th century.
In 1886-1906 followed a thorough restauration and after 1918 the crossing tower was mostly rebuilt .
The baptismal font, with copper lid is dated from the 17th century.
The organ is from 1740, and was made by Pieter van Peteghem.