The former town hall vof Bree was built around 1591, and was completely
reconstructed in 1754 according the plans of the architect Gijsbrecht
The building contains also a remarquable rococo-
fronton. AT the left in het fronton there is aa
armorial bearings ofTheodoor van Beieren (who died 1763), the
prinsbischop of Liège of that time. In the middle is the Austrian eagle, with on top Sint
Michael, parton saint of Bree killing the eagle. On the right is the scutcheon of Bree.
In the right fassade there is an iron, that was used as a benchmark to measure lengths and
was 28,5 cm long ( one foot).
There is further a sun calandar. In 1666 there was yet one there.
The original sun clock was still hanging there in 1940. Then it suddenly dissapeared for a
unknown reason and nobody knows where it is at the moment.