Yet in 1500 stood here a wooden mill on poles.
In 1839 it fell over during a storm, and therefore a new stronger one, stonen windmill was built of the groundsailertype. This was in use as a cornmill until 1930. In 1936 it was bought by the Belgian state in order do demollish it: place was neede for the Knokke - Maldegem way (the actual expressway).Finaly the way was constructed near the mill, and so it still stands there.
Since 1985 it is again suited to mill the corn. Since 1999 the Flemish Community is the new owner.
For more info look at Molenecho's.