This stone mill (van het bovenkuiertype) is dated from 1867. It is a grainmill in working order.
At the origin there stood yet in 1479 at this place a wooden mill on poles. This was torn down in 1867 and already on the 2nd of february 1867 the first stone of the actual mill was placed by the family Dullaert. This family kept it working until 1963, and sold the mill in 1969. The west-Flemish Province bought the mill in 1971 and restaurated it ( this was very neccessary: the mill was in very bad condition). Maurice Vienne was named as miller. He came from the mill of Elsendamme in Pollinkhove and previous owner of the 'Hoge Seinemolen' at the time athat it was still standing in Beveren-IJzer (this mill stands now at the crossriver at Bruges.).
The mill is to be visited from 1 june until 30 september on saturday from 14:00 until 18:00 h and on sundays from 10:00 till 18:00 h. In july and august working days from 10:00 till 17:30 h. During the Easter-and whitsunweekend from 14:00 till 18:00 h. For more info : look at the site of H.De Kroon.