During the 13th century this house was called 'Den Hille'. In the 15 century it was bought by the carpet weavers. In the 16th century it was replaced by a stone building, that was bought by the brewers, who enlarged it. After the bombardment of 1695 the new guildhall was designed by Willem De Bruyn.
Click here for other buildings on the Town Square (Grote Markt).