The name 'De Vos' (The Fox) is already mentioned in the 14th century. The yarn merchants bought this building in the middle of the 15th century. After the bombardments of 1695 not much remained standing of their guildhall. The new building dated 1699 became a nice example of Flemish baroque, with Louis XIV influences. Architect was Corn. Van Nerven.
Click here for more buildings on the Town Square (Grote Markt).