This mill dates from 1765-1766. Originally this mill was called 'Bosterhoutmolen' (bosterwoodmill), and came from Meulebeke. It was dismantled there in 1980. Luc Biebouw (translated by us): 'In Veves' castle, HOUYET, there is an old map of the area Tielt, Kortrijk, Oudenaarde, dated from 1764, which indicates the Bosterwoodmill.'
Bruges bought it in 1991. This mill stands on a millcot and a mill embankment.
This mill replaced the in 1822 demilloshed wooden grainmill Coelen Wint. Therefrom the name : New Koelewey.