Neo-Romanesque church of which the origin goes back to the XIth century. It was on the initiave of the bishop of Cambrai, Gérard II, that some Benedicine monks came to Aubechies to start an abbey. This abbey would not last long, after 43 years, in 1119, it was closed down by the bishop of Cambrai Burchard.
One of the first things done by the monks was building a Romanesque chapel.
In 1454, when the chapel was in a bad shape, en new church was built. It would take over the original plans, a crossing tower was added and the nave was enlarged. .
During the 19th century, the church again was almost fallen into ruins. Thanks to the efforts of the priest Parent, a thorough renovation was possible.
Although he had lived for 19 years in Beloeil, the architect Sonneville went to Tournai, where he became the exprt architect of the bisshop. This is how he got the order to renovate the church in Aubechies.
This reconstruction took 4 years, from 1900 till 1904. The architect kep the original Romanesque style. The wooden tower got replaced by a stone corssing tower. He added the sacristy. The porch was also hgis work, he reinforced the walls, and closed the side entrance.
In the crypt under the choir, in the 60's, a Roman bath was found, probably dedicated to a nymph.
This indicates that the church was build on the place where previously a Roman temple was standing.