This windmill is a standing mill with open foot.
In 1960 he landed upon the townwalls of Diest, after that the town bought him in 1959. The initiator for this was the townarchivaris from then Van der Linden (what explains the actual name).
But this mill is in fact very old. In 1742 he stood on the Deathmountain in Schaffen. In 1887 he was moved to the Andmount in Assent, where he grinded until 1953.