The previous convent of the Dominicans was erected between 1233 and 1234 by the countess Johanna of Constantinople.
The greatest part of the buildings was destroyed after the French Revolution and the ending of the convent in 1796.
The most underpart of the west facade is now integrated in a new building. Earlier this was a pointed gable) of the crosschurch from the end of the 13 th, begin of the 14 th century. This modern new construction remembers the destroyed westfacade. Therefrom the double porche under a wide semi circular arch, and the two buttress-alike constructions. The window with round arch thereabove remembers also the form of the old images of the church.
After the religious troubles at the beginning of the 17 th century the building of the convent was added against the south side of the church.There are still more parts of this building that have been saved. The south aisle is covered with Bohemian vaults , the west wing with groin vault. An old 13th century dated pillar was saved in the chapter room . It supports the four, cross ribvaults .