At the end of the austrian suppremacy beautifull large gentlemans'houses were constructed at this side of the Warandeparc. In 1820 werden deze door Ch. Van der Straeten has joined them together in 1820 with a portico that ended the streets laying between.These works were terminated in 1829 by T. Suys .
A back aisle was added to this complex in 1853 .
King Leopold II had a much greter construction in his mind for the Royal Palace He ordered the architect Balat important changing constructions. Between 1866 and 1872 the neorenaissance-look of the backfassade was created. Some huge ceremonial locations were established such as the ceremonial stairs and the crownhall.
The interiors are ´nspired by french examples such as Versailles, and they belong to the style of the calssicistic new-barok.
Finaly the samll portico was to samll. A new middle resault with pillars thast have a fronton with a relief 'BelgiŰ, sitting between 'Agriculture and industry' by Thomas Vinšotte and a shapped roof. Both fassades have a corner resault with a cutted hip. Most of the latest works were done between 1904 and 1911 under the orders of Maquet.
For the illuminated pictures we thank Bart Van Oudenhove.