This aquaduct was in use until 1972 for the transportation of drinkwater from the source to several small towns near Brussels. The collector had a total length of 26 km and was built in 1853. The aquaduct was constructed in 1855 and consisted of an arcade with 27 arcs and a total length of 200 m.
Today thebridge- aquaduct is out of use, but it is still maintained. the procedure for recognition as a monument is in progress.