This baroque cathedraal was designed by Gaetino Pizzoni and was built between 1751 and 1767. This building replaced another cathedral that was destroyed, but of which the old tower from the 13th century behind the current cathedral is a witness.
The remarkable, curved front is decorated by 20 Corinthian columns and is crowned by 5 statues. Those statues represent Jesus Christ, and 4 apostles. The original plan contained 2 towers, but they were never built.
The crossing carries a large dome. The high drum has high windows that provide a lot of light. The drum is decorated on the inside by a large tooth course and underneath wit pendentives that are richly decorated with half-reliefs.
The classicist side-fašades contrast to the rich front.
The interior contains some remarkable pieces of art, like paintings by Antoon van Dyck, Jacob Jordaens and Nicola´ (A Rubens' student). The is also an old, romanesque baptismal font.