This church was built in 1729 by building master Laurenz Mefferdatis. In 1847 it was enlarged. They used the own Raerener bluestone as building material. The 46 m tower contains 4 clocks dated 1966. The tower is characterized by theDe toren wordt gekenmerkt door de arched corbel course at the top.
The simpel but impressive pillars and pilasters in the nave have also been carved from this stone. The arcade arches of the cross vault have been decorated with beautiful stuccowork. The baroque nave is about 34 m long, 15 m wide en 9,5 m high.
The main altar in baroque style is flanked by 2 statues representing the patron Saint Nicolas. It forms an entity with the two doors. The side altars were made in the same style.
Also worth mentioning is the white colored pulpit.
The leaded windows (Jugendstil) were applied in 1910-1913. On the west side they represent the 4 sacraments and on the east side images of the rosary.
The organ was consecrated in 1994. It is a mechanical Weimbs organ with 2 manuals, a pedal and 24 registers divided over 3 works.